Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week Two - The meltdown

February 7th-
Monday - today's 17 mile run (to make up for the run I didn't get to yesterday) was a disaster.  Mile 3, I felt my right ankle or achilles area start a dull ache.  As I progressed through the run, my form disintigrated into a flat-footed, guerrilla style run as I attempted inclines.  Walking down stairs on part of the run, I felt a stab of pain and contemplated calling my husband to rescue me.  Instead, I decided I could run the flats and I would walk the uphills. 

I got to mile 12 and faced 1/2 to 3/4 mile of gradual uphill.  I walked all of it and tried to remain composed.  Finally reaching the top, I attempted to run again but my ankle felt extremely stiff so I called home and said I wanted a ride home.  And then I said, "nevermind".  I only had 2.5 miles to go!  I made it another tenth of a mile and called home again. 

I have been icing, elevating, wrapping and crying.  I do not have time to get injured.   I know, nobody does.  Of course I didn't get to do my Insanity workout either.  And my kitchen project?  I did do some dishes.  My emotional state was not its best.  A doctor's visit on Tuesday will hopefully give me some answers.  I'm praying my injury is very minor and with a little rest, I will be able to run again soon.  I feel like my world has come unglued.  It's time for me to focus on cleaning the kitchen.

2/15 - Awaiting the MRI results.  I have an appointment Thursday.  It "seems" like it's healing.  I have a boot I'm supposed to wear but don't wear it very often.  It's annoying!  I have to wear a heel on my other foot.  If I don't, my walk is very lop-sided and actually hurts my hips after awhile. 

Obviously my plan is out of whack right now. The only thing I can work on is my kitchen.  My freezer is clean!  Woo-hoo!  The oldest item I found was a frozen chicken from 2005.  Please, I don't KNOW how that stayed hidden in there for so long.  I do know that I qualified for Boston in 2005 and have been training like crazy since.  So that's my excuse.

In place of running and Insanity, I have been doing P90X (modified) workouts, including:  Back and Biceps, Yoga X, Kenpo, Chest and Back, Shoulders and Arms, and Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.  My upper body is getting a workout!  Even with these workouts, my weight is creeping upwards and I need to focus on nutrition even more than usual. 

And just in case you don't believe me about the freezer, I'm attaching gross pictures to show you what I haven't been doing while I was out running.

Gross!

Exploding orange juice can in the freezer...yuck!

ALL OF THIS was tossed.  Some old, some ruined from prior power outages this season.

It's clean!  Happy Dance :)

Next Project:  the "what the %$#@! is in here?" drawer

No comments:

Post a Comment