Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 - New Adventures!

If you asked me when I was in my 20s when I had a baby and toddler forever attached to my hip or other body part, what I thought my life would be like in 2012, I would have told you a typical scenario of children finishing high school, me working part or full-time, probably wearing Mom clothes with elastic bands.  I imagine the idea of me having many "firsts" in 2012 would have been far from my thoughts.

2012 is going to be full of firsts; some of them I'm anxious and thrilled to tackle and others leave me breathless and hesitant for the day to arrive.  Here is my list of "firsts" for 2012 (the ones I KNOW are going to happen):


  • 3 marathons in 3 days - done!
  • My older daughter turned 18 - done!
  • My older daughter will graduate from junior college with an Associates Degree
  • Same daughter will leave for college in the fall
  • Younger daughter will get her driver's license 
  • Younger daughter will start junior college in the fall
    • These are the firsts I am not anxious to happen.  Sigh.
  • I will run a 12 hour race
  • I will model running clothes at a Brooks meeting (!)
  • I am representing Brooks in races and training
Other potential, still contemplating it or attempting and see what happens firsts:
  • White River 50 mile
  • New PRs at various distances
  • Stop procrastinating and start writing the story already
So it's not a HUGE list of firsts.  I do know a year is a long time for events to take place and many unexpected things will happen, some welcomed and others painful.  My list will grow without my permission and it's up to me how I handle the new circumstances. 

I enter 2012 trusting not in myself nor what I can do but what He is doing through me.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; 

   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy, 
   and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 26:7

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I love this post. It is amazing the things we can do when we have Him in our lives. I like this list a lot. There are many things I want to do in 2012, and hopefully the MRI on Tuesday will not show something that will keep me from the few running goals I have. We'll see. Can't wait to see how this year progresses!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete