July 1st - Day One
I have accepted the challenge of writing 31 blog posts in July! You can find more information about this challenge here: Ultimate Blog Challenge
My Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon report will be up next, but first, I thought I would start this out with
31 Things You May Not Know About Me
and probably don't care to know
- I did the following at various points during my school years: Baton twirling, swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, track & field (all field except for this experience). http://chocolatecoveredrunning.blogspot.com/2010/08/first-race.html
- I was terrified of swimming or any water where I couldn't touch or see the bottom through elementary school and beyond. Ironically I became a lifeguard at the YMCA as an adult!
- My first job was at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- I made up a boyfriend and wrote about him in my diary to see if my sister was reading it. She was :)
- My sister passed away in 2001 from the effects of a brain tumor. Reading my diary was no big deal.
- My jobs: Kentucky Fried Chicken cashier, Extra help at the county courthouse filing things, secretarial help for a law firm (both during senior year of high school). Cashier at convenience store, Legal Secretary starting at $4.00 an hour (!) in 1988. 1991 - Legal Assistant at County courthouse. 1994-2008 MOM and homeschool teacher (hardest job ever). 2008 - swim instructor, lifeguard, fitness instructor.
- I've wanted to be an author since high school. I still do.
- My first memory is watching my dad drive away with my sister and brother while my mom held me. I was too young to stay with him on the weekends.
- I learned to drive with a stick-shift.
- I'm a sucker for lost cats.
- Miss Congeniality - watched too many times and still laugh.
- I have never used a passport.
- I wanted at least 4 children but I have 2. I love my girls!!
- My name -Ginger - is not a nickname for Virginia.
- I've woken up in a fit of laughter over a dream that I can still remember vividly. Still makes me giggle.
- Both my daughters were born on their due dates. Well, Jessica was a day early only because my hubby didn't want her born on his birthday so we sped things up a bit. 18th & 19th. He didn't want her to have to share her day with him.
- My family heritage is a bit of a mystery but there's some Italian in there for sure. Probably German and/or French as well.
- My first car was a Ford Granada.
- Since my first pregnancy, I cannot combine chicken, avocado and Swiss cheese on a sandwich. I will hurl.
- When something gets my funny bone, I will snort when laughing. It cannot be stopped.
- I never showed my teeth in school pictures. Hated my smile. I'm over it now.
- In my senior year of high school, I got my hair cut short on one side (with a "tail") and bob-like on the other. It's just hair.
- My eyes are HAZEL, not brown. And one has a black line coming down out of the pupil, like it's leaking. I don't know when that happened because my elementary pictures look like they're brown and everyone said I had brown eyes. Didn't anyone ever look in my eyes?
- My real hair color is auburn, dark with red in the sun. Now? It's whatever is in the bottle my hairdresser uses. Sadly the original is being replaced with silver at a fast rate.
- I love to bake, cook and entertain. I don't love the cleanup involved so I rarely do any.
- Scariest things: windows at night, the ocean, clowns, creepy crawly things.
- Best vacation: Maui
- Best compliment: "Will you marry me?"
- In my 20s, I had a mole removed that was cancerous. Doing okay today.
- I've done one sprint triathlon.
- My middle name is Christine.
So there are 31 random things about myself.