Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 29, 2012

QUADZILLA!

I'm awake, contemplating my decision-making skills. The prospect of running 4 marathons in 4 days was mentioned at last year's Winter Triple Winter Triple marathon adventure. Steve Walters suggested it was technically possible to have 4 marathons given the days the holidays would happen.  And here we are. Someone stepped up and added the fourth marathon. Thanks Balanced Athlete of Renton!

I have not run more than 11 miles at any one time since the Seattle Marathon and 4 miles has become quite customary as the holidays drew closer.  How do I prepare for this? Eat more cookies and don't think about it.

Today is Loop The Lake put on by The Balanced Athlete of Renton. We will be running around the southern portion of Lake Washington. We bring our own race numbers but they are providing some aid stations along the way. Cloudy today but not likely to rain on us and it's about 40 degrees. Somehow this Quadzilla should have exceptionally better weather than the one that happened over Thanksgiving weekend. There should be 7 runners who will have run both Quadzillas.

I have no real time goals other than to finish. Of course, 4 hours would be nice but I want to come out of this injury-free and still love running.

Wish me luck! It's time to Run Happy!

1 comment:

  1. QUADZILLA!!!!! You amaze me!!! Have fun with it, listen to your body and run happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete