Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Recap Plus 2013 Goals

Where did the year go?  Each year I age, I find the days and months move along at a faster clip. As a child, I recall waiting endless hours for the next holiday or birthday. Now they sneak up on me and are gone in a flash.

It's that time of year when we examine our lives and wonder what exactly we accomplished and contemplate our goals for the next year. I find I spent a lot of time running, not enough time cleaning, too many pieces of chocolate consumed, tears shed over life passing and memories that still make me laugh out loud.

Non-running major milestones:

  • Older daughter is away at a 4 year college after officially completing Running Start/Homeschooling
  • Younger daughter has begun her Running Start journey
  • Celebrated 22 years of marriage
  • And other stuff that I won't detail here but, you know, we all have a lot of things we don't need to share with the WORLD!
Running milestones:
  • Accepted into the Brooks ID program for 2012 
  • 3300 miles logged for year
  • 1 ultra -  12 Hour Transcendence Run
  • 12 marathons (assuming I complete the Winter Quadzilla!) Currently at 9
  • 1 - 15 mile race Resolution Run
  • 1 DNF (Mountain Marathon) - First Ever!  Mountain Marathon
  • 2 - 10k-s
  • 3 - 5k-s (including one Elite (ha!) 5k Ruston Way Elite 5k 
  • 2 - Half-Marathons
Wins:

Non-wins:
  • Everything else!!
Running/Fitness Goals for 2013:
Represent Brooks ID for a second year! Work hard to get into the 2014 program
Quadzilla!  December 29-January 1st:  4 marathons, 4 days
Get a job (this may have a dramatic effect on my running and goals and family)
Finish 12 hour (I have a mileage goal!)
Potentially sign up for a 50 miler (looking at White River)
Ultra Relay
Specific speed training for a fast marathon (hopefully 2 very specific marathons)
Sub 20 5k
Sub 1:31 half marathon
Sub 3:20 marathon
Incorporate cross-training 2 times weekly
Do not get talked into an Ironman Triathlon!  Not yet.

Non-Running Goals:
Update blog consistently
Declutter house (every year, same goal!)
Be intentional with my relationships
Grow spiritually, daily reading of my Bible Bible Reading Plans

Some of these goals are a little generic right now but once I have my non-running life decisions and commitments set, I can set more specific goals tailored to the time I have available.

As you and I reflect on the year, we need to ask ourselves, "What did I accomplish that will positively impact my family and friends?"  It's easy to get caught up in accomplishing goals that lift ourselves, but truly the most important thing is what can we do to lift up others.

Wishing you a year filled with courageous acts of kindness and love and immeasurable moments of joy and laughter.

Last year I left you with my verse for the year:  "The LORD is my strength adn my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.  Psalm 26:7

This year I leave you with my verse for 2013:

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.







No comments:

Post a Comment