Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

7th and final day!

I rolled over this morning, my disgruntled cat falling off its perch aka my chest.  9:03!  What?!  I'm not currently in the employed category, my youngest is still home schooled and my older daughter didn't have any college classes.  This means I didn't HAVE to have an alarm set like almost everyone I know.  Normally I do wake up earlier than this but for some reason I slept over 10 hours.  After waking up so late, I began my chores and daily routine but forgot to eat until nearly noon.


I ate a banana and had my Shakeology about 30 minutes before a 6 mile run and thankfully felt great after a brief feeling of sluggishness before heading outside.  No rain today was a nice relief from our monsoon-like weather in the last couple of days.  I had plenty of energy for my run.


Observations:  I am getting restless to chew on some food.  I don't think that's weird but it sounds odd when I see it in writing.  Today was a little challenging as I keep seeing Thanksgiving recipes and what people are making for the big day.  I'm thankful I am not having a party at my home.  We're going to a family gathering and if I'm so inclined, I can bring sweet potatoes.  I think I have everything I need except pecans and wonder if I'll find any tomorrow.


It occurred to me how easily it would be for me to eat and not tell.  I didn't, really.  I had moments of weakness in which a less strong-willed person would have caved.  When I am in races, there are opportunities to cut the course and sadly, there are people who do just that.  I feel that if I didn't follow through with my plan, it would be akin to cutting the race course.  


I'm conflicted about the benefits of juicing.  I wonder about all the fiber taken out when juicing.  I also feel it's not a sustainable way of living for me.  I'm sure in this crazy world of independent thinkers, there are juicers espousing the virtues of a juice-only diet.  


My energy levels are excellent but I am looking forward to increasing my protein intake.  Please someone pass the almonds!  Today I weigh 5 pounds less than when I started.  Will I gain it all back by tomorrow night?  No, but I'm sure I will feel like I did after eating so lightly for a week.  


My cravings for junk have dissipated and I am really looking forward to real food and nothing artificial.  Would I do this again?  Yes, if I am looking to score some chocolate-covered caramel and salty chips in a dark alley, it would be a good time to clean out the system.  


I will be juicing here and there just because I found out how good it can be and it's fun to make my own variations.


It's 8:00 pm and I'm looking forward to breakfast.  I'll be running a local 10k Turkey Trot and hope I can eat a piece of break with peanut butter and not have any stomach issues. I may opt for a banana since that is what I have been eating without issue.  


Pink Orange Juice
1 pear
2 oranges
1/2 lemon
1 cup cranberry
1 apple
1/2 inch ginger root


Good combination, pretty too!


Use it up Soup
Juice the following:
7 carrots
3 celery stalks
1/2 onion
1 garlic clove
4-6 cups spinach


Add juice to the following in blender:
1 avocado
Handful wheat grass
garlic salt and chili pepper to taste


I am down to lean pickings with my vegetables and ran out of tomato and red pepper.  This was a very green soup and wasn't as good as the soup last night.  




No comments:

Post a Comment