Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 18, 2011

Juice Fast - day 3

I'm starting my third day of a modified juice fast today.  The first day I added an apple and a banana to my menu.  Yesterday, I ate 1 1/2 bananas and Shakeology before my 10.6 miles run, 1/2 banana after the run and an apple after dinner.  


I had plenty of energy to complete my run yesterday and I attribute that to timing my food with my workouts and Shakeology has always provided me with a lot of energy in the mornings before exercising.


Observations


I haven't had the insatiable feeling I assumed I would be experiencing.  My energy levels are great so far.  


I experienced some stomach cramping yesterday but nothing serious.  A low-grade headache appeared last night which isn't surprising since my caffeine consumption has been cut significantly.  Limited coffee and no pop.  I am counting on the headache to dissipate in the next day or two.


Bedtime came an hour earlier than normal for me.  I was so sleepy.  I did wake up an hour earlier than normal, so there was a nice balance.


Here are day 2 recipes and my thoughts on them.


Sweet Sludge
2 carrots
2 apples
1 pear
4 cups spinach
thumb-size peeled piece of gingerroot

Yum.  Really liked it.  It was sweet and gingery, like me :)

One Potato Sweet Potato
1 sweet potato
2 carrots
1 orange
1 pear

I forgot to add the orange.  My husband sipped it and said it tasted dirty?  Maybe I should peel the sweet potato next time?  I wash all my ingredients so I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe it was the missing orange.

Soup Experiment #2
1 tomato
4 carrots
1 red pepper
1/2 onion
2 cups spinach
1/4 cabbage
1 clove garlic
1 avocado

Blend avocado with other ingredients. 
I added a tsp. of salt, basil and pepper.

Flavorful and filling.  Will make again.  Avocado wasn't ripe enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment