Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 6

Day 6!


Last night my stomach was gurgly after dinner.  Not hungry, mind you.  It was making obnoxious noises, like if you were to turn on a garbage disposal and you hear the food start to grind.  Food is on the super expressway of my intestines right now!


The rain has been unstoppable all day but thankfully it's a "warm" northwest rain.  It stayed in the 40s today and I'm grateful.  I bundled up and headed out for a 6 mile run.  I had my usual chocolate Shakeology pre-run and another afterwards.  My energy levels are excellent today and I felt light on my feet despite my water-logged shoes.  Tomorrow will be an easy 4-6 miles on my last day of this experiment.


Observations:  I'm daydreaming about mashed potatoes.  I realized how much I take eating for granted.  How little I really think about all the flavors, aromas, textures in the food I consume.  How amazing it is that God gave us this gift of flavor when it wasn't necessary for survival.  


I feel a little hungry today but have a high energy level.   Here are today's juices:  


Cran-apple
1 cup cranberries
3 apples


Simple and was a nice drink to hold me over to dinner.


Green Monster
2 cups spinach
handful wheatgrass
1/2 lemon
1/2 cucumber
4 stalks celery
2 apples
1 inch gingerroot


It's drinkable and definitely tastes healthy.  Not my favorite but it's tolerable.


Soup


2 beefsteak tomatoes
2 cups spinach
5 carrots
2 stalks celery
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
1/2 lemon


In blender:
1 avocado
1 handful wheatgrass


Blend juice with avocado and wheatgrass.  I added 1 tsp. garlic salt and chili pepper.  


Basically tasted the same as last night's soup with minor variations.  Again, love the avocado.  I think my body is craving the natural fat in this amazing fruit (yes, they are!).


We have an avocado plant in our house!  We threw a pit into soil in a pot and let it grow.  Simple.  And pretty!  


Don't juice these:
Apricots
Avocados
Bananas
Blueberries
Cantaloupes
Coconuts
Honeydew melons
Papayas
Peaches
Plum/Prunes
Strawberries



Avocado Fun Facts


Mayo Clinic article on juicing.


Is Juicing overhyped?

Do your research and make your own decision about juicing.  There is ample information available on the internet.  Be aware of who is promoting the website as that MAY (will) taint their viewpoint


No comments:

Post a Comment