Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 5 starts tomorrow - Modified Juice Fast


I'm not "hungry", but I do miss eating and chewing hot food.  I have been lightly heating my soup so that has helped with the cravings.  

A 4 mile run today, kept it easy and felt great again.  Shakeology and 1 1/2 bananas about an hour before my run was perfect.  I made the fruit juice after the run and had Gazpacho for dinner.  I probably should have had more juice today but I wasn't really hungry.

Observations:  Energy levels are excellent.  Sleeping well.  My ring is loose and I'm not as bloated in my stomach.  I am wondering how I will handle the cravings in the next few days.  Watching my family eat has been the most difficult.  If I stay busy, it's not much of an issue.  Food Network is off limits right now (unless it's Bizaare Foods or something equally gross).

Fruity Fun
3 apples, juiced
2 cups frozen fruit medley mix from Costco (mango, pinapple, papaya and strawberries)

Mix in blender.

Loved it.  Sweet and turned out like a sorbet and ate with a spoon.


My Own Gazpacho
6 carrots
4 celery ribs
3 roma tomatoes
2 cups spinach
1 red pepper
1 garlic clove
1/2 lemon

Juice ingredients and add to 1 avocado and a handful of wheatgrass in blender.  Season to taste.  

This was so tasty and filling.  Definitely appreciated the avocado's ability to satisfy my hunger.  The lemon added a nice kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment